Friday, May 16, 2008

The Birthday Book


Here's Brittany's book. She's working all weekend, so mom and dad are going to take it home to her. She works where she got me the great blue polka-dotted Wellies!

I had great fun with these MR flowers and the book. The green front was Distress Inked with Pealed Paint, and heat set, then I stamped with the new pigment ink in Cool Peri, clear embossed and then rubbed Faded Jeans over the top to enhance the color difference. Added white dots for effect.

Oh, and the metal flowers from Maya Road were stamped with Snow Cap and heat set, some white embossing powder was added to one layer. EXPERIMENT!!! Sometimes it works.....and sometimes it doesn't...be happy when it does! Of course the letters are the new mini Grungeboard.

Wendy's Rick got a "2 thumbs up" today from the doctor...all is well in Vecchi land!!!! YEA!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful album!
Glad Rick got the thumbs up from the Doc!
I love looking at your "experiments" keep on playing! You inspire others in doing it.
I love your flower girl frame also!
TFS!
Dolly

Valonda L. said...

That album is just beautiful. Great job. I think I need to get some of those Maya Road flowers. I have to get them in stages since they are all so beautiful that I want all of them. I just got some of the metal blossoms and am LOVING them.
Thanks for the inspiration:)

Art By Wanda said...

Linda, fantastic book!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Everything you do is gorgeous!