Thursday, January 12, 2012

English Pub from Darkroom Door

HELLO!!!!

Yes, I'm still here and Creating Art in the Studio!

The fingers are all worn to the nubbin and my nose to the grindstone is suffering as well.

JUST KIDDING!

A couple of weeks ago, probably a couple of months, my sweet and remarkably talented friend from Down Under sent me some great new products from Darkroom Door. Rachel Greig takes the most wonderful pictures and creates gorgeous stamps and Montage Collections with them.

These 2 cards are using her new stamp English Pub.

Check them out.




Here I used a piece of Glossy Paper and Alcohol Inks-Raisin, Lettuce and Butterscotch dabbed around on it until I got the background I liked.

Then I stamped the image with Jet Black Archival Ink and Embossed with Super-Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder.

This really was cool, but a bit too much color for me.

So I used Blending Solution squirted onto the piece, and then dabbed some of the color from areas I wanted to highlight. Use a clean area of a cloth each time to pick up the extra ink. Make sure its clean or you'll contaminate the color.

Then, since the Blending Solution took some of the shine off the embossing, I reheated with the Heat It Tool to bring back the shine.

I layered it onto Kraft Resist Paper with Crushed Olive Distress Ink, and 2 layers of Core'dinations Paper.

Tie on a gold ribbon, add a tiny gold star and layer onto a black card.



This is another way to use this gorgeous stamp.

I stamped it onto Manila Cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink.

Then I colored certain things of interest with Tombow Markers.

I used Tea Dye Distress Ink on the edges to age a bit.

The "Celebrate" is from Rachel's wonderful collection of Wordstrips. This one is call Love Letters.

 These things are SO COOL!

They are perfect for cards and add great little phrases to pieces.

Here both are layered onto Kraft Resist paper and highlighted with Distress Ink Aged Mahogany and Fired Brick.

Black cardstock frames the picture in 2 layers and makes the picture pop.


So back to the worktable...still gluing and cutting. I wanted to be an engineer in Junior High, but my teacher told me there weren't any women in that field. Creep....

But NOW, I feel like I have become an Engineer...seriously.

Maybe a Paper Engineer!!!

FUN!

We lost the Internet today...snow storm and all, and the spell check isn't working with Blogger...so cut me some slack if I've misspelled anything today! Thanks!

13 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Both wonderful cards!!! Yes, you are a paper engineer!! A very, very good one!!!!

Lisa Davis said...

awesome stuff!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful cards Linda! So different from each other.
No wonder I've had problems comenting! Thought it was just me!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Lynn

Helen said...

Love the image, and your interpretation. Rachel obviously found some great English pubs last time she was over here!

Lynne Forsythe said...

WONDERFUL CARDS...girlio!! cut you slack...are you kidding??? after all this time I just thought you were perfect....hehehehe!! enjoy your snow!

Candy C said...

Linda....beautiful work as always!!! Love the stamp! And you made that one stamp look completely different with your two cards! <3 Candy

Linda said...

These stamps and your techniques with them are just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Wonderful cards, Linda, that stamp is gorgeous, and you offset it beautifully. I don't have any of Rachel's stamps yet, but I'm very tempted... lol...love them.

Scrapinkats said...

Great Card....
You must not have went to Vocational school -- BTW they were creeps there also!

Barbara in FLA said...

I love this stamp and what you did with it confirms you are in the running for paper engineer of the year! Can't wait to see your engineering feats for CHA. When might that be?

Kathie said...

These are fabulous!! I love the different look with the same stamp! You are a paper engineer!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hello Linda, I saw you cards on the Darkroom Door blog & had to tell you how much I like them. The colouring is beautiful, thank you for telling us how you achieved it.

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous!