Sunday, April 22, 2012

Embossed Metal Tag and Prairie Art Stamps Class

What a gorgeous day it was yesterday!

Good friends, great weather, fun times, and awesome treats!

What more could anyone ask for????

We worked with METAL, but first I'll show you a tag from CHA...yeah, just got the OK to let you see it. But always fun to have something back there to draw from.

This is in the Ranger Booth highlighting the Metal Foil Tape.



The Distressed Doily is cut twice from Metal Foil Tape on Grungeboard.

Then emboss it all with the Damask Texture Fade folder.

Pop out the little flowers from the diecut. Add tiny pearls colored with Stream Alcohol Ink.

   

Using a Manila Tag, add Aged Mahogany,Seedless Preserves, and Dusty Concord to the tag. Stamp a few little background stamps with Jet Black Archival Ink.

Add the fantastic Paper Whimsy vintage picture of the sweet little girl and clip the Doily die cuts to fit around her.

I strung some beads onto brass head pins to add to the ribbon with a jump ring, and added the Plaquette with  Long Fasteners to the bottom.


Of course it's layered onto a piece of black chipboard for stability.


Now some shots taken by my dear friend Linda Broom after class Saturday at Prairie Art Stamps.

Here I am with Donna and Sue.




Linda Broom and I...sorry I'm in all these shots. I didn't take any pictures, but Linda took several with my camera. Also sorry I didn't get pictures of everyone in class...I'm bad.


And here with the delightful Helene. She made me this gorgeous card from a favorite paper line of ours...Graphic 45.

(I'm only 2 weeks older than Helene...same year born, same year graduated!)


And what fun to see Rhonda again in class. She was the winner of the fun doorprize of the G45 Toolbox.



And here's all of the April Birthday girls together....Helene, the talented Ms. Judy, Rhonda, Donna and myself.

Good food+ great people and a wonderful hostess= a delightfully ARTful afternoon!

Thanks again to Terri who made lunch, and Pam's fantastic daughter who made the most out-of-this world treats!!!

NOW....save June 23rd for out next class at Prairie Arts....



the Standing Curio



This is probably my most favorite class. Bring your own vintage pictures or use these 2.

Some people brought their parents pictures, grandparents, and one brought her 4th grade picture of her husband and herself.

It's always so much fun to see what people create!

Call for your spot here.


AND...speaking of what people CREATE...I'm a Guest ARTist on Erika Taylor's Blog. She is so sweet and talented. PLEASE check out her fabulous blog here and leave her some LOVE!


And one last note...

This is the finished piece that Helene did in class. GORGEOUS colors and it's her grandparents. I snagged it off her blog.

Just one Embossed Metal Canvases kit left, if you're interested, email me.

And the Poppies kits are down to just 3 left...thanks so much for all your orders!



Have a wonderful week!


Linda

Products Used for Tag:
Tim Holtz - Distress Inks - Aged Mahogany, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord
Tim Holtz - Alcohol Ink - Stream
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Plaquettes, Long Fasteners, Jump Ring

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful tag, Linda! Beautiful! Love the color combos - going to have to use those 3 together myself - and to use the flowers popped out of the die? Clever!
Love Helene's class creation!

SusanK said...

What fun, sorry I had to miss out! And I can't join in the next round, either because I'll be celebrating #25 with my dh.

Shelly Hickox said...

Love how you've used the doily die!! Very cool tag!

Candy C said...

Linda your classes look wonderful! I love your sweet little tag that was at CHA. It's awesome! And the rest of your classes...well, they are just wonderful! You're an April birthday girl? Me, too!! :) Happy Birthday! <3 Candy

Netty said...

wow you tag is fab Linda. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. Happy Birthday April girl. Annette x

The Scrappy Tree said...

Loving the tag! And the other projects too, just gorgeous! Happy birthday to all of the April birthday peeps :)
Gayle x

marymac said...

Beautiful tag, love the pop of blue card. Happy birthday.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful project.... love what you've done with the foil tape!

Lori said...

The tag is fabulous! The class at PAS was fun, I'm sure! Donna and Sue are a hoot. lol. The curio class looks very interesting!!!