Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's a Seth Apter Blog Hop!!!!

It is in deed my honor to have been asked to work with the newly designed background stamps from 
designed by
Seth Apter!

He is, by far, one of the kindest and most sharing Artists in the Industry. You can see his wonderful posts on his blog
 for inspiration and creativity.

This is my project for the Hop.


I started with a piece of black chipboard. First I added a rather thick layer of white crackle paste and let it dry.

Next I sponged on some color making sure to get the ink into the cracks. You can soften the color with a baby wipe in the center.


This shows the lighter version after some of the color was removed.

Then I used Seth's stamps Fireworks and Scaffold with Black and Brown archival inks. Just to break it up a bit, I added white paint to the stamps for the next layer.


The turquoise dots are added with a stencil, acrylic paint, and foam square.


The metal frame with a vintage photo is the centerpiece of the the tag, and the top is a brass corner accented with patina guilders paste.

You can see the stamped images in this closeup as well as some white pen marks to add some interest.


The antique number plate on the bottom of the tag was taken from a set of vintage storage drawers in my brother-in-laws garage years ago. I've saved it for just that special project.

Now, please jump to the other blog hop players blogs and see what great things these Artists have come up with to highlight Seth's new stamps.

And leave them some love!

Linda Cain http://cain81art.blogspot.com (you're here)

Your Friend in ART,
Linda

16 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic looking stamps and I just LOVE your project Linda, superb textures!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Such a gorgeous project Linda. That frame ... oh so glad you waited to use it for this amazing piece. Your background is amazing with texture and color. I love it all1! -- Mary Elizabeth

april dawn said...

I love these stamps. I need these stamps.

Unknown said...

Unique and lovely. The background leatherette texture is fab. Linda.j.

Laure Janus ~ Little Joys Studio said...

Linda, another great project. I like how you used the crackle paste for added texture. Gotta get those stamps!

Sharon Y said...

Such fun! These stamps really revved up the background.

Unknown said...

Awesome work Linda, awesome you❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jacklyn Young said...

Beautiful~ such yummy textures!

Seth said...

Gorgeous creation Linda. Thank you! The layers are incredible and I love how you used the stencils to add detail to the background.

Linda M. Cain said...

What a great variety of ideas from your group of Artists to showcase these stamps! Thx.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love the layering on the crackle and that gorgeous blue frame.

Christi Conley said...

WOW! Where have these stamps been all my life!?!? Of course, anything you touch turns to magic :)

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful piece Linda!! I really love the design of this piece and you really showcased Seth's stamps so well! xo

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful piece of art. The colour combination is very intriguing.

Kim Henkel Creations said...

So great seeing how everyone used Seth's stamps! Such creativity... Lovely!

Susan Burgess said...

Wow Linda your textures are to roll in! Lovely work! Sanna