Monday, April 18, 2016

Listen to Your Heart - A Journal Page

 I think more and more, people are so busy that they have little time to peruse blogs like they used to.

But I've decided to keep plugging away,
and share a bit of journaling with you using many products from
Finnabair's Mixed Media Place and 
Retro Cafe Art Gallery.

My two 
favorite places for supplies!!!

It's just for fun, so enjoy the ride.


I like to cut my pages out, work on them,
 and then add them back in with some Tissue Tape.

This is from a page in my large Dylusions Journal that I'd sprayed 
with Dylusions Sprays a long time ago.

Finding something already started is always a bonus!


You can see the stenciling and background color.
 I added Walnut Stain here and there and thinned with water,
and then did some ghosting to remove color.

The white stenciling is done using the Mechanica stencil and 3D Gloss Gel.
It dries shiny for a really cool effect.

You can add metallic paints and stamped images to them when dry.


The Chipboard Art Script Word Cuts 
from Retro Cafe Art Gallery 
are painted with several colors of Metallique Paints.
 I love them. 

Here I used sets #6 and #7. 
This just shows the beginning of the layering of colors.

I added Wild Fuchsia, Dark Velvet, Royal Red, Brass Hardware, 
and Gold Rush  to create a luscious rainbow of colors for the finale.


I added the Mechanica stencil again using Jet Black Archival Ink
When dry, I used a white Sharpie pen to add accents all around the page. 


Heavy White Gesso and the Harlequin stencil break up the deep color. 
The Blue and Black Gel pens are used to outline the stenciled areas. 

I love how the white gesso picks up the water-based sprays underneath 
to make a watercolor effect on the diamonds.


More stenciling is added around the page using Heavy Black Gesso and the Honeycomb and Checker stencils.

The next thing to add is a few rolled stampings with archival inks using 
the Messy, Wire Net, and Industrial Clear stamps.

I used several more pens to add highlights and shadows, 
but I needed more light and contrast. 
So I got out the white gesso to create rings and lines.
 It helped to break up the dark areas.

Links throughout the post are to 
Retro Cafe Art Gallery in the USA
and links at the bottom of the post are to Finnabair's 
Mixed Media Place in Ireland. 

Hope you're inspired to play and create a page of your own.

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

Mixed Media Place Supplies from Finnabair:

(All 3 above items are in the Essentials 6 Pack)
Clear Stamps - Messy, Wire Net and Industrial
Metallique Paints - Wild Fuchsia, Dark Velvet, Royal Red, Gold Rush and 

8 comments:

Judy said...

Love it.

Debby said...

Very cool page! Need to get some time later in the day to start some more journaling pages. Love all of the ones I work in! I do have a page started in one so that may be the place to start. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Just awesome Linda, you are right, those paints are amazing ❤️❤️❤️

Martha Richardson said...

Great page Linda...love the RCA words!

Unknown said...

I still enjoy your Blog and find your projects very interesting! I took a class from you a very long time ago at Scrapaganza in Davenport IA and have followed your Blog since then. Thanks for sharing!

kay(texfolkart) said...

I still enjoy your blog, and love seeing what you create! Thanks!!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Absolutely stunning page! And wonderful way to use the Script Words! Awesome! xoxo

Sande said...

Love your blog and I think it has more to do with people being on Facebook 24 hours a day and they forget to go to the blogs. I hate Facebook and don't have an account but have read the same thing that blogs seem to be falling by the wayside. I check your blog everyday and love what you share. Please keep plodding along as some of us would miss you.