Monday, May 16, 2016

A Boy to Remember Collage

Hi everyone, it's my turn again on the 

Little boys are always so sweet at this age. They love things like arrows and rocks, gears and knobs, strings and kites....

....and they will forever remain in our Hearts at this wonderful age where
time stands still.

So this is my collage for Little Boys Remembered, mine and yours alike.
I hope you enjoy the process.


Today I decided to work on a 6x6 Wooden Flat Panel from Blick's.

I added the Rust Effects to the panel in a random pattern and blended in some 
Rusty Red Metallique paint. 


When dry you can see the wonderful gritty pieces that create the rusty effect.

I used a dry-brush technique to add the lighter Gold Rust and Light Patina
Metallique paint in areas. Heavy Black Gesso makes a great edge color. 


I loved the Light Patina blue, but wanted another "shade" of blue as well.
So I dry-brushed some Rich Turquoise in areas. I added some Opal Magic Paints very, very lightly, too.

Then I broke up the color with some Heavy White Gesso stamping using
my favorite Chicken Wire stamp from the Net and Wire set.


I painted the Heart Locket with Gold Rush Metallique, and used markers
to add color to the Boy with the Basket.


It's easy to remove the back of the Locket, trace and cut out a background
paper, and then create your collage.

I added some paper pieces, rub-ons, 3 colors of Micro Beads, and a Mini Star.


Then you need to start laying out your metal pieces to get an idea of where 
they're going to go.


The Chipboard word Moments takes the Metallique Paint really well.

The handmade paper is something I've hoarded for quite some time, and it
seemed to fit perfectly here.


My dear and talented friend Marta, uses a great technique to add thread and string to projects. 

I added some metallic gold thread here tacking it down in places with 
3D Matte Gel. Check out Marta's tutorials on YouTube!


I painted some of the pieces with Metallique Paints and left 
some in their natural silver state for contrast.

This is a close-up of the detail.


I glued it all together with 3D Matte Gel and Heavy Body Gel. 


I hope you'll find inspiration here, and get out your supplies and play.

You will love the way these Rust Effects work, and the Metallique 
paints are so pretty and shiny. The pictures do not capture
the metallic effects of the paint.

Be well, and let me know what you're doing!

Linda

Finnabair/Prima Supplies Used:
Art Extravagance - Rust Effect Paste
Art Ingredients-Micro Beads - Copper, Bronze, and Black
Art Alchemy Paints-Metalliques - Rusty Red, Rich Turquoise, Gold Rush, Lime Peel, Steampunk Copper, and Light Patina
Art Alchemy Paints-Opal Magics - Green/Gold, Aqua/Rose, and Yellow/Blue
Cling Stamps - Net and Wire

Other Products Used:
Retro Cafe Art Gallery - Chipboard Word Cut-Outs, Gears
Prima - Junkyard Findings
Tim Holtz - Arrows, mini words, paper

3 comments:

Debby said...

This is a great piece of art! Your layers are cool and I like how you combined all of the gears and other metal pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Missy said...

OMG!!! Wowza!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda - i love, love this beautiful piece and it is so inspirational - I think pictures of both my son and grandson when they were little would work wonderfully in something similar. Thank you for sharing your process too.